Buildings and Contents Insurance

Why do you need buildings and contents insurance?

As a home owner, your property and belongings were a big investment, so it is important that they are protected should the worst happen. Having buildings and contents cover in place gives you the confidence that the things you hold most valuable, are protected.

  • Protect yourself
    We arrange specialist buildings and contents insurance that is designed to give you peace of mind, knowing that should disaster strike, you’ll be able to cover the costs. This cover can protect you if something happens to your home or personal possessions.
  • Accidental damage
    Cover can be added to your policy, to provide extra protection for accidental damage to your possessions. Knowing that you won’t have to replace items yourself that are affected by accidental damage can help you to feel more relaxed and at ease in your home, particularly if you have a busy household or young children!
  • Advice
    With so many options available it can be difficult to work out what cover you will need for your home and contents. Talk to our team of experts who can help you find the right protection for you.

How we can help

We understand how important your home and belongings are to you. This is why we want to make finding the right insurance for your home as easy as possible. In addition to providing information about our policies on our website, we’re also available to discuss the options available to you. If you’d like our help to ensure the things you care about are protected, simply get in touch with our specialists.

Affordable buildings and contents insurance

As well as making sure that our policies are comprehensive and flexible, we pride ourselves on offering affordable financial protection.* Our team will search from a panel of insurers to find buildings and contents insurance to suit you and your budget.

  • Up to £1,000,000 building insurance cover.
  • Flexible cover options so you only pay for the cover you need.
  • Accidental damage cover available.
  • Cover available for high risk properties e.g. flood and subsidence.
  • Alternative accommodation arranged if your home becomes uninhabitable.
  • A range of optional extras available which you can add to your policy: home legal protection, home emergency cover and key protection

Frequently asked questions

What is covered by building insurance?
Generally building insurance covers your property against damage caused by fire, storms, floods, falling trees and branches, subsidence, theft and attempted theft. A building doesn’t only refer to a house or flat, other types of buildings include domestic outbuildings, garages, terraces and footpaths, even swimming pools and tennis courts. Our specialists will be able to advise exactly what is and isn’t covered. 
What is covered by contents insurance?
Contents insurance provides cover for household goods and personal possessions that belong to you and members of your household. It also includes goods that you or members of your household are legally responsible for. There are some exemptions to this, including general wear and tear of goods, corrosion and electrical or mechanical breakdowns.
Am I covered for accidental damage to my property?
Most policies include a limited amount of basic accidental damage cover as standard. Buildings policies generally cover fixed glass, ceramic hobs and sanitary items. Contents policies tend to include audio and visual equipment only. You have the option to include extended accidental damage cover which provides extra protection in a wider range of scenarios; such as damaging a wire or pipe within a wall during DIY, or stains on carpets and soft furnishings.