Trade Credit Insurance
Why do you need to consider trade credit insurance?
You wouldn’t hesitate to insure your business property and stock. But have you considered what would happen to your business if one or more of your key customers default on their payments?
In 2016, £210 million of claims were paid to businesses due to non-payment – that’s the equivalent of £4 million a week.1
- Protect your business from debt
Bad debts can put your financial future at risk. Trade credit insurance provides assurance that lack of payment from a large customer won’t mean disaster for you.
- Rate your customers for credit
The insurer will assess the creditworthiness of your customers and set each of them a specific credit limit, which is monitored regularly.
- Save time
We research the right solutions for your requirements, saving you time and effort to concentrate on what you do best – running your business.
How our trade credit insurance experts can help
Our team can provide expert guidance on your existing financial arrangements to find a solution that best suits your requirements and business objectives.
CONTACT YOUR NEAREST TRADE CREDIT INSURANCE EXPERT
We have expert advisers all over the UK. To find help near you and learn more about Jelf in your business community, input your full postcode below.
Trade credit insurance covers more than just bad debts
Trade credit insurance doesn’t just protect your business against bad debts. It can also help you:
- Sell to new customers that may otherwise have been too risky, knowing that you are insured if they cannot pay their debts.
- Avoid losses in the first place and help your business grow safely with additional support and knowledge.
- Secure a better financial position with financial institutes than may have been the case.
- Secure expert business and give you the confidence to explore new markets.
- Offer more competitive terms to your customers.
- Reduce your bad debt reserve, freeing up capital to use elsewhere in the business
The latest related articles from our knowledge centre
Most contractors will likely have the basic essential covers in place, but what are the gaps that could leave you exposed when it comes to a claim?
Having the right insurance policy is essential to help protect your business from any unexpected losses.