Insurance for Jewellers, fine art and antiques
Why do you need specialist insurance?
Dealing with such attractive stock you need to make sure your insurance arrangements are correct.
- Specialist policy
We arrange placement on to a specialist jewellers' insurance, fine art insurance or antique insurance policy underwritten by a well-recognised company, protecting your business assets and giving you peace of mind.
- Tailored insurance programme
Disruption to your business following an incident can severely impact your ability to operate profitably and effectively. We work with you to understand your individual business risks and advise on a tailored insurance programme that best fits your needs.
- Proactive approach
We keep you informed and carry out regular reviews ensuring the insurance program evolves with your business and that you stay protected.
How we can help
From insurance for jewellers and art and antique dealers, to making a claim our comprehensive service can ultimately lead to time savings, risk reduction and cost control.
With our experience in the placement of jewellers' insurance, fine art insurance and antique insurance in a limited and niche market, we’re confident we will be able to meet your expectations from a pricing, coverage and servicing perspective.
Who is it for?
Jewellery retailers or wholesalers
Jewellery repairers or manufacturers
Fine art galleries or dealers
Fine art, antique and jewellery business insurance: what can be covered?
Stock, Goods in Trust and Money
- Theft including snatch and grabs, sleight of hand, distraction
- Hold ups
- Stock left out of the safe whilst the business is closed
- Stock being worn by staff, customers, relatives or approved persons
- Stock in transit by approved persons including unattended vehicle cover
- Sendings by special delivery, ordinary post or courier within the UK and anywhere in the world
- Pre agreed seasonal increase of stock sum insured
- Damage to stock whilst being worked on
- Entrustment of stock to third parties
- Fidelity guarantee (Protection for loss as a result of dishonest or fraudulent acts by staff)
- Defective title
- Pledged goods and buybacks (pawn broking)
- Personal collections
- Tenants’ improvements, fixtures, fittings and all other content
- Portable equipment away from the premises in the UK or anywhere in the world
Ask yourself this question – Does your current policy adequately protect the income of the business in the event of downtime following an insured loss and does the indemnity period set give your business time to recover back to the position it was in prior to the incident? If you have any doubts, please contact us for a review. We are able to incorporate cover for the following:
- Unspecified / Specified Suppliers and Customers
- Denial of Access
- Failure of Public Utilities
- Rent Payable / Receivable
Liability and Professional Indemnity
- Public Liability
- Products Liability
- Employers Liability
- Professional Indemnity (Protection for errors in valuations)
Other Covers Available
- Personal Accident as a result of Assault
Frequently asked questions
There are a number of options available to existing Jelf clients such as:
- Full review of existing insurance program to ensure cover meets the needs of your business.
- Access to a specialist jewellery, fine art and antiques surveyor and risk consultant.
- Our specialist team have relationships with security companies who can offer advice on improving the security of the business and helping to reduce potential future incidents.
- Access to a dedicated risk management team and business continuity planner.
Our latest articles and events
We look at the highlights of Germany’s most talked about motoring show, from new car launches to glimpses of the future, this year's show had it all.
Reduce the risk of senior managers, directors and officers being held accountable for lax safety and poor maintenance.