Farming and Agriculture Insurance

How can our farm insurance experts help?

Our team of agricultural insurance brokers are industry experts and as a business we have over 60 years’ experience providing farm insurance advice for our clients. 

  • Local

    We have specialists across the British countryside who can take the time to visit your farm and gain a thorough understanding of you and your business.

  • Knowledgeable
    We understand agriculture and can provide cover and advice for the things affecting you.
  • Connected
    We work closely with many of the leading agricultural insurers to provide a range of innovative and market-leading solutions.

What agricultural insurance is available? 

We can arrange can cover everything from arable to intensive livestock, property, business interruption, liability cover and more. Whether it is a standard farming risk or a modern diversification we can cater for each eventuality.

Farm combined

Our combined policies cover the key elements of your farm that you need to protect. 

Farm fleet

Cover for cars, commercial and agricultural vehicles, as well as implements and attachments.

Farm diversification

Covering you as you branch out from traditional farming activity to develop new revenue streams.

Agricultural contracting

Farmshield is a scheme designed with agriculture in mind, providing the best solution for your unique contracting business.

Environmental liability

Having appropriate environmental insurance cover on your policy could be crucial in avoiding unexpectedly large bills for clean up costs.

Livestock disease cover

Animal and poultry disease outbreaks are unpredictable and often devastating. Having insurance in place could be crucial to dealing with livestock disease.

Agricultural equipment inspection

We can help you keep up-to-date with legislation and offer advise for protecting your farm and staff.

Frequently asked questions

Why do I need farming insurance? 
There are so many risks in farming. Injury to your employees or members of the public, damage to your crops, livestock, equipment, theft of property, illness, weather events, legals costs and many more that can hurt your business. Having the correct insurance in place will protect your farm and your business.
What types of agriculture equipment typically requires inspection?
Many machines around a farm require regular checks including: steam boilers, air pressure plants, refrigeration plants, hot water heating/supply systems, fork lift trucks, lifting plant including blocks and tackle, personnel lifts, excavators/loading shovels, telehandlers, general electrical/mechanical plants.
Should I insure against the costs of the environmental damage my farm may cause?
Yes, if you are held responsible for a pollution event, the Environment Agency has the power to impose these clean up costs upon you, including the costs incurred by their consultants or contractors and even where the event occurs on your own land.
What is covered under legal protection? 
We provide a specialist legal expenses cover for farmers that includes: contract disputes, criminal prosecution, wrongful arrest, employment disputes, property disputes, tax, arbitration and agricultural land, Basic Payment Scheme, personal injury and more.
How often am I required to undertake LOLER? 

Lifting equipment has to be inspected once a year, unless it has a man cage, in which case it must be checked every 6 months.