group income protection
What is group income protection?
Group income protection provides a continued income to eligible employees if they are unable to work for extended periods because of illness or injury and satisfy the scheme requirements.
What are the benefits of group income protection?
Key benefits of group income protection can include:
- Highly valued benefit which complements absence management procedures
- Can save you money as your absent employee’s income is covered and the support usually provided often helps employees return to work quicker
- Group income protection can provide additional support for your HR team with legal support and employee rehabilitation, and often EAP
- Helps with recruitment and retention – saving you money
- Improved employee engagement and productivity
- Choice of group income protection cover levels so you only pay for what you need
- Feel valued by their employer
- Peace of mind that they will still be paid a proportion of salary if they are off sick over the long term
- Proactive support with rehabilitation back to work following illness, improving the chances of a faster return in many cases
- Emotional and financial support for employees and their families
- Employee assistance can include advice on child/elder care services, counselling and debt management advice
- Access to wider health and wellbeing guidance programmes
Get in touch with an employee protection expert