group critical illness
There are a number of core critical illnesses that account for a large proportion of those experienced, including:
- Heart attack
- Kidney failure
- Multiple sclerosis
And when serious illnesses affect one in four women and one in five men before retirement age, this can affect a significant number of your employees1.
What is critical illness cover?
Critical illness cover pays a tax free lump sum to an employee if they suffer a defined critical illness while in your employment (and satisfy any eligibility criteria at outset of cover). It is designed to ease the financial burden placed on your employee and their family should they suffer a critical illness.
What are the benefits of critical illness cover?
Key benefits of critical illness cover can include:
- Highly valued benefit
- Improved employee engagement and productivity
- Helps with recruitment and retention – saving you money
- Choice of critical illness cover levels, so you only pay for what you need, including a voluntary option
- Feel valued by their employer
- Financial support for employees and their families with a tax free cash payment
- Eases the strain on the family for essential lifestyle changes in the event of serious illness
- Additional insurance benefit for partners and/or children
Get in touch with an employee protection expert