occupational health service
Why do you need to consider an occupational health service?
The workforce is ageing and that means an inevitable increase in the number of people needing support for ongoing health conditions. New legislation, challenges faced by the NHS and changes in employees’ attitudes mean an absence management strategy is no longer a nice-to-have. It’s now essential to put in place services, controls and measures that meet the needs of your employees whilst supporting the business in getting people back to work in a suitable role as quickly as is possible.
What is an occupational health service?
An occupational health service can help you understand the rules and regulations that apply to your business, help you deal with health risks and hazards, provide guidance on long term absence cases and advise you on company policies. For example, health and safety assessments, ergonomic solutions, advice on absence policies and online preventative tools to aid wellbeing.
What are the benefits of an occupational health service?
Key benefits can include:
- High valued benefit that enables a consistent approach to supporting employees with serious or long term conditions
- Reduced absence, tackling some of the major causes such as musculoskeletal problems and getting people back to work in a supported manner more quickly
- Improved employee engagement, health and productivity
- Wide range of choices to suit your requirements and budget
- Feel valued by their employer
- Peace of mind that their employer has them covered and is looking to support them if it is needed
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Degree of confidentiality as often dealing with a third party
Get in touch with an employee healthcare expert