independent schools' private healthcare
Why do you need to think about employee health insurance?
The public services sector, including education has the highest number of days lost due to ill health, with an average of 8.5 days lost per employee each year*. The most likely causes of both short and long-term absence include stress, musculoskeletal injuries and mental ill health.
Private medical insurance (PMI) can play a key role in helping you to not only attract and retain the very best people, but also look after the health of your key staff.
PMI cover for your staff and their dependants
We can help you provide health insurance not only for your key members of staff, but also their dependants, for eligible treatment in the UK. And premiums start from £993 per annum, per staff member.
Provided at least two of your employees are covered, you can arrange PMI without having to provide previous medical histories.
Key features include:
- Any member of staff can be included, provided at least two employees are covered.
- Pre-existing conditions covered – no previous medical history is required.
- Full payment for hospital charges such as accommodation, theatre charges, intensive care.
- Full refund of out-patient consultations, therapists and tests.
- Specialist MRI network – MRI, CT and PET scans paid in full.
- 24-hour helpline offering medical information and guidance to members – this service can be extended to all staff for a cost of £1.80 (inclusive of VAT) per person, per year.
- No overall maximum benefit limit in any one year, although there are set limits for certain benefits.
- The school may choose to recover the cost of any dependants that their staff add to the policy.
So whether it’s head teachers or heads of finance, we can help make it easier to take care of your key staff. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions.
*CIPD 'Health and Wellbeing at Work' report, 2018
Get in touch with our independent schools healthcare team