employee assistance programmes
What is an employee assistance programme?
An employee assistance programme (EAP) is a low cost employee benefit that can deliver support to help maintain the emotional, financial and physical wellbeing of your employees. It provides a qualified counselling service to help contain problems and prevent them spiralling out of control. This can be provided either through telephone sessions or sometimes also face to face including CBT where needed.
What are the benefits of an employee assistance programme?
Key benefits of an employee assistance programme can include:
- Low cost, high value service
- Supports your duty of care requirements and therefore strengthen some legal cases around staff absence and the company’s support of this
- Peace of mind that you are helping to support your employees’ emotional wellbeing in a confidential and professional way
- Reduced absence and presenteeism – helping to tackle emotional issues before they become physical ones
- Increased productivity and enhanced staff retention
- Available as a voluntary option
- Confidential support for a wide range of issues
- Can be used to discuss any issues relating to the individual or their family
- Feel valued by their employer
- Improved health and wellbeing (physical, emotional and financial)
- Rapid access to counselling that has long waits on the NHS (telephone and face to face)
- If offered to all staff it doesn’t get declared as a benefit in kind so won’t be subject to tax deductions.
Get in touch with an employee healthcare expert