What is dental insurance?
Dental insurance covers a range of treatments, hygienist visits and procedures such as fillings. They provide access to various dental treatments and costs, up to agreed limits. Research shows that a trip to the dentist can identify major health problems such as oral cancer and heart disease1 – so is a great way to reduce the impact.
What are the benefits of dental insurance?
Key benefits of dental insurance can include:
- Highly perceived and valued benefit by staff at a relatively low cost
- Employees can be seen, treated and back to work sooner
- Improved employee engagement, health and productivity
- Helps with recruitment and retention – saving you money
- Choice of dental insurance cover levels, so you only pay for what you need
- Available as a voluntary option
- Pays for a broad range of treatment, ranging from cleaning, routine x-rays and restorative work to crowns and root canals
- Helps maintain good oral health and prevent dental emergencies
- Can help identify other health problems early, including gum disease, oral cancer, diabetes and heart disease
- Feel valued by their employer
- A benefit that all employees can and should use every year
- Can sometimes provide discounts on other dental procedures such as teeth whitening and cosmetic straightening
Get in touch with an employee healthcare expert