business and leisure travel insurance
Did you know it’s your duty of care to protect any employees going overseas on business?
What is business and leisure travel insurance?
Travel insurance is designed to provide support to your employees and consequently your business when unexpected difficulties occur while they are travelling outside of their country of residence on business. This can include medical or legal emergencies, cover for delays and cancellations as well as a level of personal possessions cover. It can also protect your business property too, for example phones and laptops.
What are the benefits of business and leisure travel insurance?
Key benefits can include:
- Helps meet your duty of care requirements
- Can help with employee engagement, by offering as an additional benefit to employees to cover their private travel too
- Simple – with medical history disregarded on some policies
- Choose from single or annual multi-trip policies to suit your budget
- Protects staff when travelling overseas for limited periods at a time (as a rule, less than 3 months)
- Can sometimes be offered as an add-on to private medical insurance policies as well as standalone options
- Helps business trips run more smoothly, providing cover for lost luggage, medical treatment and flight delays
- Can also provide cover for personal travel for employees and their family, including vaccinations – saving them money
- Where medical history is disregarded, employees could benefit from cover that they might not be able to obtain privately
- Peace of mind that their employer has them covered
We also have a dedicated international benefits team who can advise you on appropriate international private medical insurance to protect any employees you have living and working overseas.
Get in touch with an employee healthcare expert