Why you need education insurance
From academies and vocational training establishments through to colleges and higher education, we have a successful track record providing insurance and risk management advice to the education sector.
Our knowledge and experience of the sector makes us the right choice for schools, universities and other higher education establishments.
We take the time to visit your school and understand the risks you face. We also offer a range of insurance products to support and protect your pupils through their education beyond your school.
With Jelf you will have access to a dedicated claims team which will work with you to efficiently manage those claims that do occur.
How we can help
We are one of the UK’s largest brokers and we have long-standing relationships with leading insurance companies. This enables us to design and access insurance cover ideally suited to you.
Our experience makes us the right choice for academies looking for advice and support managing risk and insurance.
Independent schools choose us as their insurance provider because we deliver exceptional value coupled with clear thinking in the analysis and management of risk.
Schools have been choosing us as their insurance adviser since their change to academy status because we deliver exceptional value coupled with clear thinking in the analysis and management of risk.
Higher education establishments have been choosing us as their insurance adviser for many years because we deliver exceptional value coupled with clear thinking in the analysis and management of risk.
Private medical insurance for independent schools
Cover to support your key staff and their dependants with immediate access to private consultations, diagnosis and treatment.
Financial protection with parents in mind
We can provide a policy which covers personal accident benefits for pupils including:
- Direct travel to the school before the start of the academic year.
- Trips organised by the school which take place after the end of the pupil’s final term at school. Cover can be extended to include school staff.
- Personal injury including: death, paralysis, loss of limb, loss of hearing or vision, loss of teeth, emergency dental treatment and more.
- School fees as a result of unavoidable absence of a pupil.
- Personal belongings cover on school premises.
Places of education have been choosing us as their insurance adviser because we deliver exceptional value and clear thinking in the analysis and management of risk. Our range of insurance solutions includes:
- Annual travel
- Clinical trials
- Construction projects
- Employers’ and public liability
- Employers’ liability
- Fine art
- Flexible business interruption
- Governors’ liability
- Kidnap and ransom
- Legal assistance and employment practices protection
- Machinery damage and inspection
- Motor vehicles and occasional business use
- Pension trustees' indemnity
- Personal accident and sickness
- Professional indemnity
- Property – buildings, contents, equipment
- Research and development