Why do you need surgery insurance?
We are the appointed insurance brokers to many hundreds of doctors, dentists, and associated healthcare businesses throughout the UK. We recognise that our clients’ needs are continually evolving and so, we have created a suite of insurance products designed specifically for the medical and dental professions. We help to protect you and your practices against perils that your business faces.
- Tailored for your surgery
Our specialist surgery team understands the specific risks that surgeries face, including drugs and vaccines, dispensing errors, medical equipment and more.
- Extended cover
We can also help to provide cover for the day-to-day aspects of your business, including business interruption, public and product liability, employers’ liability, commercial legal protection and more so that you, your patients and your business are all fully covered in the event of an accident.
How our specialist surgery insurance experts can help you
We offer specialist advice and guidance for the care sector to ensure your business is properly protected. We can help you insure your business to cover what matters most and those who matter most to you. With a range of specialities across the team, we are in place to help.
Who do we cover?
Our service has been created to cater for the needs of today’s busy practices. Whether you’re a doctor, dentist or practice manager, our wide-ranging policy can be tailored to suit the individual needs of your practice and includes cover for:
- property damage
- visiting bags
- refrigerated drugs and vaccines
- employee dishonesty
- business interruption
- dispensing errors
- public and product liability
- employers’ liability
- commercial legal protection
- interest-free direct debit facilities.
Free for all Jelf clients
All our Surgery clients benefit from valuable, free services from our professional advisers:
• Business Assist elements – online guidance, compliance and best practice support for your business’ health and safety, HR management, and employment law needs
• CQC compliance and guidance - phone consultation to support you with compliance and best practice principles in relation to the Care Quality Commission, subject to conditions.
• Tax and legal guidance - initial phone consultation with expert business partners.
Efficient claims service
Should the worst happen and you need to make a claim, our specialist care claims team will be on hand to manage the process from claim through to settlement with minimum disruption to your day-to-day activities.
We can advise and negotiate claims for you. We also work with insurers closely to ensure outstanding claims are managed efficiently and reserves are challenged. Where necessary, we are able provide our clients with claims data and highlight trends and opportunities for risk management intervention.