Individual carers insurance
Why do you need an individual carers insurance specialist?
Having an Individual carers’ insurance policy gives considerable insurance protection as well as great peace of mind whilst you are delivering care and support to individuals in the community.
We recognise that the nature of your work has many risks including personal injury, errors, accidental loss, alleged abuse claims and other liability issues that can be insured against with a single insurance policy.
How our individual carers insurance experts can help you
We offer specialist advice and guidance for the care sector to ensure your business is properly protected. We can help you insure your business to cover what matters most and those who matter most to you. With a range of specialities across the team, we are in place to help.
Get cover today
Quote and buy your individual carers insurance online. Insurance policies starts from just £84.80 per year.
Ready to renew?
If you're already a client and are ready to review your policy, follow the link below to login.
What do we cover?
Our policy is designed to protect you whilst performing the following duties:
- personal care - bathing / dressing
- night care
- administering prescribed / non-prescribed medicines
- carers respite service
- household tasks
- shopping and laundry
- handyman and gardening services
- companionship and support.
What is included?
- £5 million public liability insurance (£10 million limit optional)
- alleged abuse cover
- temporary visits abroad whilst working
- liability arising out of the supply or preparation of food and drink
- Indemnity to Principal
- errors and omissions cover
- automatic defence costs
- personal accident up to age 80
- accidental death or personal injury to any person
- cover in respect of administering prescribed and non-prescribed medicines
- accidental loss or damage to third party property (subject to £100 excess).
Read the latest care sector stories from our knowledge centre
There is increasing legal and regulatory focus on personal accountability whilst at work. Do your senior care home staff have protection from the risks?
Fire safety at your care home means having a sprinkler system and a robust fire safety program, covering evacuation procedures and staff training.