Individual carer insurance
Why do you need an individual home carer insurance specialist?
Having an individual carers’ insurance policy gives considerable insurance protection as well as great peace of mind whilst you are delivering care and support to individuals in the community.
We offer specialist advice and guidance for the care sector to ensure you are properly protected. We can help you insure you to cover what matters most; with a range of specialities across the team, we are in place to help.
Why do you need home carer insurance now?
Self-employed carer insurance and private carer insurance can cover you against the daily risks you face including: personal injury, errors, accidental loss, alleged abuse claims and other liability issues that can be insured against with a single policy.
You never know when mishaps in the workplace may happen, and the sooner you arrange appropriate cover, the sooner you are covered.
Get individual carer insurance cover today
Quote and buy your individual carers insurance online. Our insurance for care workers policies start from just £84.80 per year.
Ready to renew your individual carer insurance?
If you're already a client and are ready to review your policy, follow the link below to login.
Self-employed carer insurance. What do we cover?
Our carers insurance policy is designed to protect you whilst performing the following duties:
- personal care - bathing / dressing
- night care
- administering prescribed / non-prescribed medicines
- carers respite service
- household tasks
- shopping and laundry
- handyman and gardening services
- companionship and support.
What is included in our carer insurance policy?
- £5 million public liability insurance (£10 million limit optional)
- alleged abuse cover
- temporary visits abroad whilst working
- liability arising out of the supply or preparation of food and drink
- Indemnity to Principal
- errors and omissions cover
- automatic defence costs
- personal accident up to age 80
- accidental death or personal injury to any person
- cover in respect of administering prescribed and non-prescribed medicines
- accidental loss or damage to third party property
Frequently asked questions
Yes. We would advise any business to hold such cover, whether you occupy a premises or whether you are working away, or visiting someone’s home.
Read the latest care provider insurance articles
Earlier this month the British Medical Association (BMA) hit the headlines when they announced the results of a recent survey of doctors.
When your care services business is at full stretch trying to cope with staff shortages and strained resources, it can be a challenge to achieve an outstanding rating from the CQC.