Care home insurance
Why do you need care home insurance?
We understand that working in or running a care home can often be as challenging as it is rewarding. We care about care, and offer more than just insurance cover. We will help you keep up to date with the latest governing regulations and help you minimise risks in your workplace. We ensure that all relevant checks and surveys are carried out by the insurer and we will work with our Risk Management colleagues to conduct claims reviews.
- Extensive knowledge
We have dedicated care staff that work with the industry every day and therefore understand the problems that you, and you care home face and are there to help.
- All in one place
Aside from the specialist care home insurance products we provide, we can also cater for everyday exposures of fire, flood, theft and workplace liabilities. We make it easy to manage all of your insurance in one place.
- Up to date with regulations
You can be confident that we keep up to date with the constant changes in legislations, and fully meet the requirements of all of the UK’s governing bodies.
How our care home insurance experts can help you
We offer specialist advice and guidance for care homes to ensure your business is properly protected. We can help you insure your care home business to cover what matters most and those who matter most to you. With a range of specialities across the team, we are in place to help.
Who does our care home insurance cover?
We pride ourselves on finding high-quality-cover to give you a first-class-service. Whether you run:
- nursing or residential care homes for the elderly
- homes dealing with mental health and mental disorder categories
- homes for service users with learning and physical difficulties
- supported living and sheltered accommodation
- day care services
- children’s homes or agency
- clinics and rehabilitation centres
We are always here for our clients, and work hard to ensure that our care home insurance products and services keep up with the pace of change. Our solutions fully meet the requirements of the following bodies:
• Care Quality Commission in England (CQC).
• Regulation Quality Improvement Authority in Ireland (RQIA).
• Care and Social Services Inspectorate in Wales (CSSIW).
• Care Inspectorate (CI) and Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)
Free for all care home clients
All of our care home clients benefit from valuable, free services from our professional advisers:
• CQC compliance and guidance – initial phone consultation to support you with compliance and best practice principles in relation to the Care Quality Commission, subject to conditions.
• Tax and legal guidance - initial phone consultation with expert business partners on topics and queries affecting your care home business.
Efficient claims service
Should the worst happen and you need to make a claim, our specialist care claims team will be on hand to manage the process from claim through to settlement with minimum disruption to your day-to-day activities.
We can advise and negotiate claims for you. We also work with insurers closely to ensure outstanding claims are managed efficiently and reserves are challenged. Where necessary, we are able to provide our clients with claims data and highlight trends and opportunities for risk management intervention.
Frequently asked questions
The latest care home insurance articles in our knowledge centre
The government is set to launch a recruitment campaign in an attempt to tackle the carer shortage.
As 2019 draws closer and the weather gets colder, making sure that your patients, residents and colleagues are kept safe this winter should be your priority.